painting around baby ??

Is it safe for a baby to be around when I'm painting?? Not in the same room or anything. I know when I was pregnant they said it was ok as long as it was well ventilated. I'm painting my bathroom tomorrow and just wanted to know If i need to find a sitter.

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 9:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on the paint. some now are made fumeless for that reason, but the trick is that if you need it to be ventalated I would be twice as protective of their small lungs. JMO
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• how old is the baby? i painted around my son at 7 mos, then at 9 mos, and we will next month. the 9 mos one was a bath, and the fumes were stronger due to that kind of paint, so we did it mostly when he went to bed. but yes, just have him in the other room. if he is really small, i wouldnt. i would have some one keep him during the most of it.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think if it's a latex paint it should be fine. But I would still keep the house ventilated.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008