am i doin to much?

I watch lots and lots of stuff on pregnancy and me and DHC has become the best of friends... I cant get enough of reading books on pregnancy and seeing the beauty within a woman and i honestly can say that never did i think until i got pregnant how much of a role a woman play on earth... Its so fascinating and I'm apart of it... But some of my family members seem to get a little irritated because they think i think i know i all.... Just because i read a lot on pregnancy and i answer random questions and I'm always right because I READ UP ON IT.. Should i stop doing so much and limit it? Or should I say the hell with them and continue to do me because i want to know as much as i can to know what I'm going up against.... I JUST WANNA KNOW WATS GOING ON INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF MY BODY DUHHHH!!!!!!!

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Of course you should continue on as you are! Enjoy being pregnant and get as much information as you can. Good for you!

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Maybe they're just irritated because you already know the advice or wisdom they want to pass on to you, or if you are "know-it-all"y about everything. I personally think that education is never a bad thing. Keep reading and learning, maybe just don't share so much with them, let them feel like the ones who know it all sometimes, then its win-win.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am the same way, even outside of pregnancy if the girls get sick or I do I try to get all the info I can on their diagnosis. I have a lot of medial conditions and I can't imagine just being in the dark about them. There is nothing wrong with educating yourself on what's going on with your body. I was 16 when I had my first, and I wanted to do everything right. I had a falling out with an older family member that gave her roadside stand honey when she was only a few months old. I tried ot be nice about it, and explain that they now knew it was dangerous, but she threw a fit because she had "raised 6 kids on honey and I had no right to tell her how it was done!"
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• This is exactly what I did, and am still doing during this pregnancy! I just love it. I feel inspired, and am now planning on beginning training to become a midwife some time after the birth of my daughter. Birth and pregnancy is a wonderfully fascinating, and inspiring process, and it really does make one feel empowered as a woman, and the meaning of the words "woman" and "mother" take on completely different and more powerful meanings. DON'T STOP EDUCATING YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE OTHERS ARE "IRRITATED"!!!!! If it makes you feel good then continue, plus, the more you know about pregnancy and birth, the better chances you have of a nice intervention-free gentle, and if you prefer, natural birth.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008