No routine...

I dont have Gauge on a schedule yet. He had one. But then his sleep patterns changed, we went on vacation, we were sick. For about a month long we've not had a routine. I'm trying to slowly make one again but its hard. Any advice?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My only advice is to keep in there. It is hard to get back on a schedule after it's been messed up for a while (my mom and aunts always laughed at me when I'd put my son to bed early in their time zone, but they didn't have to deal with getting back to our schedule in our time zone, so I just let it roll off my back). All the things you mentioned are bad for schedules, maybe instead of a sudden change to get back in a routine, do it gradually. If he's been going to bed late, move it up a bit at a time over a couple weeks until he's back to a normal bed time. Ditto with waking up, meal and nap times. Persistence is the only answer I have for you. It's hard, but it is best for you and your son. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I don't have much advice for you. My daughter is not on one either. I know just starting slowly back in to a routine might be easy and helpful. Start with bath time, eat dinner or not depends on age of child, then have a nice warm bath, then get jammies on talk calmy to child, read or put a movie on and help child fall asleep. Thats what I do with Riley. During the day it just all depends on what the day has planned. I try to get a nap in for her in the middle of the day. Its hard at first but then it gets easier and easier. Good luck.
    rlg234

Answer by rlg234 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My advice is to just let the baby set the routine. Let him sleep when he's tired, eat when he's hungry, etc. It won't take long for him to fall into a pattern. Don't stress about it.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• lol...all I can say is that ya'll will survive it and be just fine. My daughter has never had a schedule, and to be honest it has never bothered us. I'm due with my second child anytime now and I can definitely see that we will need to work on developing one just to survive!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008