What religion are you and what do you believe?

I am trying to learn about the different religions out there and what they believe in. I am a church of Christ Christian and I believe in living by the New Testament. Please tell me what kind of church you go to if you go. Thanks.

lisafc

Asked by lisafc at 11:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Pagan. I believe in the physical world. I believe in energy, and nature, and in Karma. I haven't quite figured out what I believe for the after life. I don't think death is the end, but I don't believe in heaven or hell.

My beliefs are very eclectic. I believe in some Wiccan teachings, some Buddhist and Ancient Greek.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm a Unitarian Universalist. We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all beings. To quote the Rev. Marta Flanagan, "We uphold the free search for truth. We will not be bound by a statement of belief. We do not ask anyone to subscribe to a creed. We say ours is a non-creedal religion. Ours is a free faith."
    For more information on Unitarian Universalism, please visit www.uua.org or www.gcuuf.org
    Go in peace, believe in peace, create peace!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Christian and I live by the King James Holy Bible. I believe that there is a Heaven & Hell. I believe that the only way to go to Heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord & Savior and know that he died on the cross at Calvary for all of our sins. I believe in having a daily personal relationship with the Lord.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Christian and attend an Assembly of God Church for fellowship. I believe in the Trinity with God the Father being the Head, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit as our guide. All three have been together and are like one. I believe that the only way to God is through His Son Jesus who died for our sins and rose again on the third day after taking the keys of death away from satan. I believe the Bible is the inherent word of God and you should study all versions and look back to the Greek and Hebrew for help in understanding translations because after-all they are the only 100% correct version all others are translations into terminology of the times they were translated.  You accept Christ into your heart and ask Him to be Lord and Savior. Mankind is fallible, sins, and the only way is to have a Relationship not Religiosity.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 12:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Lutheran and I believe in the Triune God..Father,Son and Holy Ghost. I believe in one Baptism for the forgivness of sin and believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior.
    carrie24

Answer by carrie24 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Traditional Catholic (Mass spoken in Latin) and love it! My son is an altar boy and we study Latin regularly as well.
    sunnyflorida

Answer by sunnyflorida at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Catholic Christian. The Nicene Creed sums up my (and most catholic's) beliefs:

We believe in one God, the father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.
    We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the father: God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit was born of the virgin Mary and become man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died and was buried. on the third day he rose again in accordance with the scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of The Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

cont...

Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 1:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• cont...
    We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the prophets.
    We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. we acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen
    Gotoyourmoms

• Besides the Nicene Creed (which is the basics) there are some really good web-sites out there that explain the Catholic Faith: www.catholic.com being one of them. Also if you are up to reading, I mean reading a lot the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, are good reads to help explain the Catholic Faith.  I'm sure you are already familiar with the Bible, the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church) is a BIG book, but it pretty much sum up the Catholic Faith with more detail then the Nicene Creed.

There is a good web-site that does allow you to view the CCC and search it for certain topics: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm an Independent Fundamental Baptist, born again Christian and I believe that the ONLY way to heaven is to trust in Jesus Christ and to accept him into your heart and ask him for forgiveness. I believe in the Trinity, God the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. I also believe that the KJV Bible is the perfect, inspired, infallible Word of God to man.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008