What did you get your parents for Christmas?

My parents are the last on our list and I know we only have 3 days left but I really want to get them something nice. We just moved into our first out but for the past 18 months we have been living with them ...they have done/still do so much for us. I guess I shouldn't have wait until the last minute ...but just like my daddy ...I did! They are very hard to shop for ...if I get them a gift card I know they won't use it. They are so weird like that. I would like to get them a combined gift ...any suggestions?!

MrsPilat

Asked by MrsPilat at 9:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Holidays

• we like to get my parents "activity based" gifts. they are retired... have everything they want, and if they need something, they go buy it. so we get them stuff like... wine tasting classes, cooking classes, segway tours... stuff like that... they have always loved them! it's not something they would go do on their own.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• well, thats hard cause u know what they like, we dont... But i made my mom and dad a really nice scrap book with lots of pic of there grand babies in them
    Anonymous

• Is there some home repair or remodeling that they need. One time I got my mom a new bathroom sink. My sister got her the high up toilet for people who have trouble standing up- it is higher and easier to get up and down on. We bought her a new lawnmower one year.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I got my mom a bathset.. I put bubble bath, candles, a bottle of champagne so she can have a nice soak every now and then to relax... my dad, i got him some golf supplies (he likes golf)... I also went and got them new pics to put on there wall of our families.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I got my parents a picture frame that says, "When a child is born, so is a grandparent." And it has my son's name and birthday on it. It's simple but really cute.
    Anonymous

• I got my mom a digital pic frame that im going to pre load with pics....my step father i got a few shirts, my dad I got a radar detector that he wanted, and for DF's mom we got her a $75 gift certificate to a salon she wanted
    TraceyLynne

Answer by TraceyLynne at 9:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i have no idea what i am even getting mine! lol good luck though, angela!
    ilovemypnut86

Answer by ilovemypnut86 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm tired of trying to guess what everyone wants..so I tell them straight up..tell me what you have on your wish list. My Mom wanted a Steam Vac so that is what she got. My sister wanted this awesome set of Stainless canisters. Thats what she got. In fact I liked thopse so much I bought myself a set. My son needed a new knife for work and paramedic pants..thats what he got. Ask them. Other than that set up a nice weekend away..maybe a B&B or something.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i got my parents a digital camera and a book i made on shutterfly of their only granddaughter.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Nothing and my dad expects nothing. He actually gets mad when we spend money on him. A couple years ago we picked up a cheap DVD player for him for his living room. It was like $50 at Wal-mart. He accepted the gift but was really ticked that we wasted the money.
    Usually I just get him a frame with recent pictures of the kids in it...which is from the kids.
    We don't usually get anything for my mil, either. She also doesn't expect gifts because she knows we are hurting for money like everyone else. She only sends cards to the kids with maybe $1 or so for each kid.
    She was shocked when we sent her flowers for Mother's Day this year and somewhat upset that we spent that kind of money.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2008