Do you need a ring to be a wife?

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• No, a ring does not mean you are a wife. You could be married with a ring and not feel married, does that make sense. If you are married to someone you love with your heart and soul, a ring won't make it different. Its how you feel. If a ring can't be afforded , does that mean he loves you less? The marriage certificate just makes it legal, it doesn't mean that you are going to be happy. Just out of curiosity, why do you ask?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No....but it sure does feel nice..... ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• No, just a marriage certificate.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• No...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• No
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• No...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• No, but you need to think about the benefits of being married. Like life insurance. God forbid something happens to either one, who has a so so in the funeral? Who pays for it? Will you children and bills be taken care of?
    Anonymous

• Nope... but like Mom2twobabes said, it sure does feel nice.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 9:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Not at all, I don't have the ring, but we're "married" by technicality in our state...we've been living together for so long that they consider us to be common law marriage. I would love to have the ring and the wedding. I think the ring symbolizes the committment and it shows others that you are committed.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I don't think that you need a ring to be a wife, but I agree that it would feel nice. My SO and I have been together 6 years, and I want one to signify the comitment. I know that it won't make a difference to him, but to me it does. I am also worried about benefits for my DD and myself should something happen godforbid.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2008