What does bump mean??

What does it mean when a mom post "bump" in a group. I see it a lot, but don't know what it is. I don't get a lot of the cafemom lingo. haha. I feel like such a dork for asking.

rlg234

Asked by rlg234 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Voting a journal popular.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sometimes it means they just want to give it a boost in the post line up. If they "bump" it, it has a new comment and moves up the line in the "posts in my groups" section.
    Anonymous

• Bump just means that the poster is making a post with the only purpose of moving a thread up higher in the list of threads. In the groups, the most recently posted thread, except for those that are "stickied" will rise to the top of the pile. Sometimes someone doesn't have anything to add to the discussion but doesn't want the discussion to end because the thread is buried on another page, so they post "bump" and the discussion rises up. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Hi rlg234,

There is a list of commonly used acronyms on the CafeMom Newcomer's Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/boards/read.php?post_id=381417

Enjoy!

|The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2008