Nail biting toddlers!

My 4year old bites her nails, is their any good way to get her to stop doing this? I never have to clip her fingernails because she bites them off. It's a constant behavior with her.

SRiveroC

Asked by SRiveroC at 9:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son does that too and he will be four in March. I just try to keep telling him not to do it. I know they have some liquid stuff you can put on their nails that taste bad but I hear a lot of folks saying it doesn't work.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My 3 year old son bites his nails too. I asked the pediatrician what I should do and he suggested dipping his fingers in vinegar (like my son is going ot let me dip his fingers in something). I haven't tried it yet, if you do, let me know if it works.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My son does that too, then complains about his fingers hurting. Somehow the pain doesnt stop him!
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 27, 2008