Hello Mom's!Just had a quick question. I just noticed tonight some spotting after I went to the bathroom. I went again and its already gone. Is there cause for alarm. I am almost 27 weeks pregnant. Don't know if I should go to the hospital or what. Just kinda scared. She is my first baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Dont panick yet mom....I spotted a lot with my dd...

Is the blood red or brown

Brown indicates old blood....no problem.

Red indicates new blood....still not always a problem...but keep a check and call your Dr.

You and your baby should be just fine ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Blood is red, but only showed up once. Happened a few weeks ago and she was fine at the Dr's appt. its just scary don't want anything to go wrong.
    harness0405

Answer by harness0405 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It should be just fine especially if you've been checked recently down there by a doctor. That causes spotting a lot of times.
    Anonymous

• I was checked 2 weeks ago, not down there though. Ultrasound is all I had but she was just fine during the ultrasound. Everything looked great.
    harness0405

Answer by harness0405 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i was 5 weeks and two days when i went to the bathroom and i saw a few "spots" at first i was like maybe its nothing but this was my first pregnancy and i was so scared so to make sure i went to the hospital in case of any emergency just to be on the safe side.. When i got there everything was fine but i discovered i had a small infection and I'm so glad that i went just because i caught what could of harmed me in the future but i got rid of it before it got any worse and i found out that my baby was still doing great still a heartbeat in progress... the doctor said it was just stress and normal.. so to be sure maybe you should check it out.. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• if you have had sex recently it could cause this as well. Just a bit of tearing or bruising. Call your doc in the morning just to get checked out so you can feel better.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Spotting during strain or sex, etc during the first trimester is not abnormal. If it stopped and was only spotting and you aren't cramping...then mention it your next appointment.
    Anonymous