How can I get preggo while BF?

How can I get pregnant sooner rather than later while BF? I am only 12 wks PP but I don't want to wait two years to get preggo again....Any advice??

NoraDun

Asked by NoraDun at 10:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You have to wait until your body begins ovulating again. It may be difficult to tell because breastfeeding can delay ovulation in some cases.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You can start temping you basil body temperature. That will tell you when you o. Just because you are bf doesn't mean you can get pg. A great site is www.fertilityfriend.com
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• First...go talk to your doctor to make sure that there won't be a problem with two pregnancies so close together. A lot of doctors want a much longer span between pregnancies...two years, in fact.

It's very very possible to get pregnant while nursing. Just don't use birth control, start charting your cycles and you know how the rest works. There is nothing else you can take.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• cut back on how much you bf. If you don't ov, you can't get pg. Most women find that they can nurse up to so much time for me it was over 3 times a day and I wouldn't ov, but if it dropped to 3, viola.........I began to ov. lol. I got pg with #4 while I was still nursing #3 at 10 months........oops?!? lol. but he's such a joy!!!
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 12:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• At least 6 months between is rocommended.....let nature do its thing with this natural birth control that spaces our kids naturally. Around 6 months once baby begins some solids then it will all come back. Don't hold out on feedings. It's just mean.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well i got pregnant just a week after my son was born and i'm breastfeeding. Just wait it out and see what happens.
    Krysta69

Answer by Krysta69 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008