Help! I'm a slob... lol

I just splashed grease (canola oil) on my 100% cotton white tank top. I've only worn it once! Grrrr! Is there anything I can do, or is it toast?

TeeJai

Asked by TeeJai at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Rub a good bit of salt into it to absorb the extra grease. Leave it sit overnight, and then brush off excess. Wash in cold water with good soap and do not dry till you have confirmed stain is gone.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Just wet the soiled area and put some detergent and rub( do this behind the stain that way in will come out the opposite that it went in) then rinse and throw in the wash to make sure the stain is gone.
    Even then do not throw it in the dryer let it hang dry at least the first time if you don't see anything the stain is completely gone. GL Then you can dry as usual.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• For oil/grease stains Ive also heard to put on a teapot full of water, stretch the stain over a mixing bowl so its taught and then pour the boiling water through it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Good luck! I loathe grease stains. I have no advice, my mom is the laundry genius, I just aspire to be like her.
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 4:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• try ivory bar soap and rub under cold water that is what i used when i was a server at a 5 star reasurant were we had to were 100 percent cotton white button up shirts it works great
    joce79

Answer by joce79 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The new 100% green kitchen soap from Clorox gets grease out. My brother in law dumped car oil all over his clothes and it came out
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 9:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008