Is anyone else already burnt out on Christmas?

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Holidays

• I'm excited for it to come, that way I can be happy it's over :)
    is that what you mean? haha
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes I just put in my thought bubble.(I love the reason,but hate the season!)
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I so frickin am.
    I mean...I should be excited or whatever.
    But I'm 40 weeks pregnant.
    Obviously Christmas means nothing to me this year...I'm more concerned and focused on giving birth than I am about a holiday.
    *shrug* I dunno. I just can't wait for this week to be over.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm not burnt out on Christmas, however I AM burnt out on this cold weather crap! Lowest temp today in my city was neg 34 degrees (windchill).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Nope I love Christmas so much, I get really sad when it's over!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I love Christmas! Hate the crowds though... and the cold weather can take a hike. I get really bummed when it's over though so I leave the tree and lights and stuff up until January 6th (the 12th day of Christmas)
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• "Yes I just put in my thought bubble.(I love the reason,but hate the season!)"
    I LOVE IT!!! Great thought bubble! I get so sick and tired of hearing, "Happy Holidays." I had a rough night with my youngest having an allergic reaction to these new diapers we tried, & they were all the way at Toys R Us....so we had to go all that way to exchange them for 7th Gen ones, couldn't find the benadryl we needed so we were forced to go to my most favorite place.....Walmart (excuse my puking sounds).

My little one was crying saying he wanted to go home and we were trying to rush so he could take the Benadryl (he had rashes, hives, and eczema all over his body AND he was wheezing). FINALLY we get in line and as we leave, the cashier tells us, "Happy Holidays." I turned around and said, "No.......MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
    proverbsmommy4

Answer by proverbsmommy4 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• So......to add to what I said cause what I was saying wasn't under 1000 characters......lol I do love the REASON for the season, but I hate what the season has become. The spirit just isn't there anymore. It's all about a fake Santa and people getting killed over door buster sales. How I wished I lived back in the old days. Even the pioneer days. Women weren't so weak and whiney. They did hard work and didn't whine about it. Everyone went to church and abortion was unheard of. Kids grew up learning how to hunt, but didn't shoot up schools with the guns that were in their homes. PLUS, they respected their parents......I'm so sorry, Lord, for what Your world has become.
    proverbsmommy4

Answer by proverbsmommy4 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm tired of shopping..and I never thought I would feel that way.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes. I am sooo over all the high expectations, too much on the schedule, too much spendng, etc.

When my kids are a little older, I may suggest we do something different every December. Like Hawaii.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 12:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2008