GREEN TEA

SO I AM A ARIZONA GREEN TEA ADDICT.
IN THE BEGINNING OF MY PREGNANCY I DRANK A CAN DAILY TIL ABOUT 6 MONTHS PG. AND OFF AND ON SINCE.
I AM 36 WEEKS NOW AND JUST READ THAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO AVOID GREEN TEA BECAUSE IT CAUSES DEFECTS TO THE BABY.....CRAP! NOW IM WORRIED. I HAVE HAD NO PROBS DURING MY WHOLE PREGNANCY IT WAS GREAT. SO MY DR NEVER DID ANOTHER ULTRASOUND OR TEST SINCE I WAS 18 WEEKS..... WILL MY BABY BE OK?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Please don't worry. Women in China drink green tea non-stop and have perfect babies. If you were having developmental problems you would have other signs. Your quad screen at 6 months came out ok, or you would have mentioned it.

For kicks look up herbs that you are not supposed to eat or make tea from when pregnant. Every conceivable thing is on that list.
    I would kick the habit for the next couple of weeks though so you can not feel guilty.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's not good to have green tea while pregnant. I would avoid it for the rest of your pregnancy. There isn't anything you can do to take back what you've already had. Try to relax, and ask your doctor about it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2008