I have been having contractions for a week now?

Does that mean that it wont be long i will be 39 weeks on wed. I've been to the hospital twice and havent changed any im at 2cm, 70%, -3. The contractions have been 1-2 minutes apart for 3-5 hours each time it really sucks and hurts like hell. I'm ready to be done with it!!!

tbell501

Asked by tbell501 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh I hate to tell you this, but I go on for weeks like that until they break my water for me. Next time tell the doc that it is too much for you and they need to help you along. You should be 40 weeks then.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yeah im going to do this or just go out there every other day! i'm about to go crazy and they hurt like hell they arent bh because i have been having them for months.
    tbell501

Answer by tbell501 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i had contractions for 8 weeks and my dr said they were the real contractions just wasnt making any cervical change
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have been having contractions, for at least 2-3 days now, It hurts, I will be 38 weeks tuesday. I had DD when i was 37 weeks and 3 days My tummy is like NUMB to the touch because of the tightening of the contractions,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i'm 38 weeks tomorrow and i can't tell if i'm having contractions or not... i mean i feel like it but it doesn't hurt as much as i thought.. but if your that far along they should be able to do something to help you along if you aren't getting anywhere by yourself.. ask your dr. or tell em that you want to be induced
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2008