I am 30 weeks pregnant is my baby at a good weight?

Hi , I am 30 weeks pregnant I am due October 14, 2011. I went to my doctor yesterday and they did another ultrasound she said everyhting looked ok , and that my baby girl weighs 2 lbs 15 oz. She showed me the chart and showed how much she did weigh and how much she weighs now. The chart showed that she has gained quite a bit of weight since mylast ultrasound last month. The doctor said weight was small and now in the medium. Does that mean that her weight is good , average? Does it mean she will be small? The doctor I have sometimes seems vague , and I am just wondering if she is at a good weight or if she will be small at birth.

Tricia250

Asked by Tricia250 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its hard to tell..the baby will start gaining more weight from here on out. if your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be. also, anytime you have more questions for him/her, ask! that's what your appointments are for. don't be afraid you'll spend too much time.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure, but I can say that DD was born at 31 weeks and was 4 lbs 1oz
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2011

• Ultrasound can be off by a lot. My supposed 10 lb baby was 7 lbs 13 oz, and my supposed 9 lb baby was 11 lb 15.9 oz. and they gain 8 oz a week on average in the last month. (these ultrasounds were done within 2 days of birth)
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2011

• I agree, weights by ultrasound are just estimates and alot of times can be quite off. If the dr doesnt seem too concerned about it then perhaps baby is at an average weight.
    maliya0608

Answer by maliya0608 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2011

• They can be off by up to 2 lbs. I got one at 37 weeks with my daughter and they said 7 lbs 2 oz. At birth (41 weeks) she was 9 lbs 1 oz. With my son I got one at 36 weeks, he was 7 lbs 10 oz. At birth (40 weeks 1 day) he was 9 lbs 6 oz. I wouldnt worry to much about it. You still have 10 weeks to go and your baby can gain a lot of weight by then. Babies spend the last couple of months gaining weight. I think medium would mean average, so she'll probably be between 5.5 lbs - 8 lbs.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2011

• I'm in the same boat that you are. I had an ultrasound at 31 weeks. The tech said that my baby weighed 2 lbs 15 oz. She said "your baby is small". That freaked me out to say the least! I went to my OB on Monday. The doctor said that my baby is in 19% in weight :(. She also said that is the small side of normal and to not worry. However, I now have to get an ultrasound ever three weeks to make sure the baby is growing. How am I not suppose to worry?
    Coopsmommy13

Answer by Coopsmommy13 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2013