Depo then IUD then trying for baby question

Ok when I had my IUD put in I was the first that they had going from Depo shot to the IUD that had no period . . My last actual period was before I got pregnant with my 5 yr old son, after IUD still no periods but we are going to be trying for a baby soon and I am wondering if anyone else went through this also and how long it took for you to conceive a baby and can you conceive a baby with no period? I haven't had the IUD taken out yet but my doctor isn't sure how baby making is going to go after it is out so I figured I would see if anyone else had this issue.

Ladyslipr

Asked by Ladyslipr at 11:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• When was your last Depo shot? It can take up to a year for Depo to get out of your system, so as long as you've passed that mark, then Depo shouldn't affect you. As far as the IUD, remember, there are two, and one has hormones (Mirena). I had Mirena before we decided to start trying. I had some bleeding right after my IUD was taken out, but not sure it was a real period, but we were actually pregnant the first cycle after the IUD was taken out. Often, doctors like you to wait until you've had a period to get pregnant, because it's easier for them to figure out your due date based on your LMP (last menstrual period), but it's really just a convenience thing on their part. You can start trying the day the IUD is taken out. Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2008