anyone else feel lonely?

we have lived here for about 8 years now. I have no friends, other than couples friends or hubbys friends. I have no one i can go to if hubby & I are fighting. I mean, i would like a girl friend that i could just show up and she'd be cool and let me hang and bitch for a while. i have no one, and now that we have our son, it seems worse. i am just lonely, i guess. I know, i can make friends. But i work all the time, if i am not at work, i am at home trying to play catch-up on the house. my time alone, if i can get hubby to watch my son, is the grocery store. how lame am I? i get NO free time, and no alone time, and surely no friends time, if I had any... the closest thing to a friend is hubbys sister-in-law. and i hate bitching to her about anything, as she will tell hubbys bro, and it gets back to him. then i am the bad one for talking behind his back. anyone else like me? one reason i like this site so much, is to vent!!!

MONHOLLENMOM

Asked by MONHOLLENMOM at 11:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Have you tried meetup.com? Are you a member of a church? If you volunteer you can meet friendly people, have you looked up moms on here nearby you?
    Anonymous

• My best friend is my sister...I have other friends but I could never have the bond with any of them that I have with her. She is my major support system and I think, other than my children and my DH, she is the best blessing that I could have asked for. I understand completely where you're coming from because when I'm going through something, good or bad, and she's not around I do feel lonely.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• all my family lives over 5 hrs away. and yes I am on the local groups here in cafe mom, but they are rarely looked at, not very active groups. i do not go to church, and i have volunteered at the angel tree groups before, but now I have a 10 mo old, and can't get to anything. he is not a bad baby, just a baby. and too much to try and deal with and do the angel tree stuff too. i will try that meetup.com, i never heard of that site before. i'll see what they have going on...
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• don't be lonely were your friends....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I actually met most of my close friends at work...maybe you could try to develop those relationships?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008