Teething question.

My baby is only 3 months old but she's acting like she's teething. She'll cry what sounds to be a "I'm in pain" cry vs her normal tired or hungry cry and won't take her pacifier unless we put it in the freezer for a bit. Is she too young to be teething? She's been a big drooler ever since she was 8 weeks. If she is teething what's the best way to sooth her pain?

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 11:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not too young at all. Some babies are born teething. Cold teethers, washcloths, tylenol, Hyland's teething tablets can all help.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My son is only three months old and he's teething too. The thing thats worked the best for him so far is letting him suck on a wet washcloth. It soothes his pain a lot.
    balee89

Answer by balee89 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My son got his first tooth at four months. We used Baby Oragel.
    jacki_mk

Answer by jacki_mk at 12:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my son is 4 months and he is teething, dr says they should be in next month! so far he likes to chew on those soft burping clothes -haha- i've tried the cold ones but he doesnt seem to like it so i give him one of those and he chews on it or his soft cloth bibs! tylenol helps him at night. good luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I just called my Dr. about our 3 month old teething ten minutes ago!! =) They say baby Orajel is useless, because they "wash "it away before it can do anything. The drool is just gonna send it back out of their mouth. they said to use Baby tylenol/motrin for their weight. So how much ever your DD can have. Hope this helps!! We use Hylands teething tabs, teething rings in such too. But I just called to ask about orajel and that's what he told me.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Baby orgel... Ive heard of baby coming out with teeth... all babys are different. There is just a AVERAGE age for everything
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008