IS YOUR STOMACH SUPPOSE TO FEEL HARD IF YOUR PREGNANT?

katherine79

Asked by katherine79 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• bananas
    Anonymous

• Only if you're far enough along.

Have you tested? Nothing anyone tells you here will tell you the straight scoop for YOU. You need to test.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sure!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Your tummy feeling hard is very normal. As you progress in your pregnancy, the muscles will contract getting your body ready to deliver, the muscles contracting makes your tummy hard the correct term for the tummy getting hard from the contractions is called Braxton Hicks. Google it and learn more about it. So it will ease your mind. rest assured all is well Hon.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 11:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Not in early pregnancy...as your uterus grows then yes
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• mine was once I was about 3 months along!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 12:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Depends how your carrying the baby... My baby has been up in my ribs since it started but i have girlfriends that are sooo low that they don't get the hard rock belly like me... everyone is different
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm not sure how far along you are; but I have to add a reality issue not mentioned...If you are several months along where you have felt movements you need to lay on your left side after a drink of OJ or a snack, and there should be moves w/in 10-15m up to 1hour later, if not, please call your Doc/nurse as there could be a problem. I've been there, learned this too late. This is not to worry you just that it is also a symptom of a problem..baby in distress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2008