Personal question about sex after delivery.

I had my son about 3 weeks ago and my SO and I had sex for the first time tonight. Yes, he did wear a condom and it really wasn't too bad. I asked him if it felt a lot looser than before and he said yes. I feel kind of down about it because it's not the same anymore. He said it still feels good, but I wondered if it will always be like this or if it gets better. No rude answers please :)

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 11:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm sure you're still recovering its ONLY been 3weeks! Keep up your kegals and don't let it bother you, just don't rush your body to heal, it will happen.
    Anonymous

• Have you been doing your Kegel exercise?

Anonymous

• I waited the full 6 weeks and it did hurt like hell but after a little bit it honestly feels exactly the way it did before we had my daughter! (Thank God) but I did hear it does change .... and you're man is lucky! ...I would not let my man touch down there till I got the drs. okay LOL
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• do your Kegels. I think that it is still really early for sex and you aren't healed all the way yet. My doctor told me to wait until after my 6 weeks checkup for sex.
    Anonymous

• Well, since technically you aren't supposed to have sex for 6 weeks, I think you are fine. Your body isn't nearly where it is supposed to be as far as healing so of course you are going to feel looser/different to him now. You really do not need to stress yourself out over it. You have a long road to recovery ahead of you still. You just spent 9 months creating a new life, be patient with your body healing. It will take at least 9 months for it to heal all the way.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Oh God no honey! Your only three weeks out. Most docs say wait till 4-6 to begin with so kudos to you for jumping on the bandwagion! I am three months out and still havent jumped that train yet. Just do your kegels and cut yourself some slack. Your body has a lot more changes to finish going through before you throw in the towel on your "new" bod. It won't be this way forever but it honestly doesnt sound so bad to begin with. Congrats on your little one :)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Kegals!!! Don't worry. It will get better.
    jacki_mk

Answer by jacki_mk at 12:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my doc gave me the ok after 3 weeks. That's changed in the past 9 years, used to be 6.
    Keep doing the kegels.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Your vagina is still probally in the process of tightening back up. Don't freak out and don't let him freak out. Some people take a little while to get back to where they were. Since it's only been 3 weeks i'm reasonably sure that's what it was. Do Kegals during this time of not having sex. Do a lot of them every day. Wait for another 3 weeks to do it again to see if it gets better for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• With a 6lb 12 oz baby you will return to normal for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2008