does a father have the right to take a 6month old baby out of state without the mother knowing about it?

Both parents have 50 50 legal custody and my daughter has temporary physical custody until they go back to court. So does the father have the right to take a 6 month old out of state without the mother knowing

1gran

Asked by 1gran at 11:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• No.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Nope i dont think either can take a child out of state either way
    treysmama06

Answer by treysmama06 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• they are expose to let courts know both parents have to sign a paper
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• no....and from experience my ex took both my boys and left the state without me knowing and the worse part...I had no idea where they were for 5 years..if it happens...do something about it right away and DO NOT PUT IT OFF...it's very wrong...for either parent to do that...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Nope.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 1:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• actually unless their legal agreement states other wise (such as no going out of state) he can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Thats crazy, no he can't, not w/a custody battle, that is common sense. Isn't there someone in charge of the baby thru the court, like an attorney. This is why women should BF, the baby would need to be w/mama and there could be no way around it. this commercialized society has and continues to ruin families. Only the rich seem able to survive it, they don't divorce cuz they don't wanna lose their money, and if they really do wanna divorce the women makes off w/money to be a single mom. I'm so tired of what is happening to babies. VENTING.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• NO. Both parents need to inform the other parent when they are taking the child out of state.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well wait, why is he taking the baby out of state? Is it a visit to family? I do think that parents have to keep the other informed, but this feels odd to me. I can't imagine not allowing the father to take the child somewhere unless I had reasons to think that he wouldn't bring them back or that the child was in some sort of danger. Can you enlighten us as to why this is a problem? If not it's ok, I am just being nosy.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008