• In the Spotlight:

I am a currently going through a divorce, and keeping a jounal to convert into a manuscript for publishing. Where can I find other women who have gone though a divorce and willing to share their story?

How can I get information of publishing a book?

Storm499

Asked by Storm499 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• try www.everyonegetspublished.com or www.booksurge.com or www.lulu.com. I've gone through 3 divorces. I'm not sure what you want to know about them but you are welcome to ask questions.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I looked at your profile and it seems like you're new here. Go to 'Groups' and search for divorced mom groups or stepmom or really anything. Join all the divorce groups you want and post what you're looking for. Just joining the groups will allow you to peruse through so many other posts and experiences. You'll met other women and discover a wealth of knowledge for your writing. BTW, there's probably groups for writers too that can answer some questions about publishing - if not start one!
    Hope this helps! 

P.S. just a tip: jazz up your homepage and make it more inviting/personal. You wouldn't want people to think you're just collecting info to write about them.

Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 12:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would take the time to compile an essay explaining why you're writing this book, and have a survey. Then pass it out to every single mom you meet, mail them out, and let them know how to get them back to you.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2008