is it smart to stay together for you kids?

i have guy friend that is staying with this girl only for the kids i told him that i dont think thats such a good idea what do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think that is a reason to stay. It's better for them to be from a broken home than in one.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If they are his kids I don't see why not why let the kids suffer having mommy and daddy apart.
    Try to work things out it not then she will have to find another way to do for the kids.
    Yes some couples stay for the kids because deep inside they truly love eachother but if there is no love then you need to prepare the kids. GL There are men out there that accept kids that are not their's and things work out fine, It is really up to that person what they want to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Nope. Ppl think that kids are idiots...they will sense animosity or distance. It's better to have 2 separated and happy parents than miserable married parents.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• as micrespo said, it is better to have separate households than one together with hate and resentment. I chose to not stay in a relationship just because I was pregnant with my son... And now i have a family with someone that loves me for who I am, and loves my son just as much. It may be hard to split up a family, but it can work. My ex husband and I just couldn't get along... and that is exactly what I will tell my son. We do not care to be around each other, but we will not fight over stupid things in front of him. We love our son enough to work through problems that arise. You just have to love the children. You don't have to love the person you have kids with.
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 1:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Staying together only for the kids is not good for anyone, its better to be alone and happy then together and miserable.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, its not smart to stay together for kids, its the worst thing possible, because children pick up on stuff so easy. Its better to have an amicable split with no hate involved than to stay together even tho they don't love each other anymore.Most of the time it works out best for children. children adapt so much better than us adults do. If the parents make it easier on the children, all the better.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• no.. I thought I was doing the right thing for my daughter but she saw us fight and argue & I know that had an effect on her. Its been 4 yrs since the divorce. Now I'm remarried and happy and her Dad's engaged and we're still friends. So far , my daughter's an A student and a good kid.
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2008