What are the best shoes for a nine month old cruizer?

My son will be nine months old th 31st of this month. He is pulling himself up on everything and holding on to the table, couches, entertainment center, or his playpen while walking around the living room or chasing the dog. I've heard that barefeet is best but it's getting cold here in Florida even and the ground outside isn't exactly sanitary nor smooth enough for my little mans undeveloped, uncalused feet. So what kind of shoe would be best while cost efficiant. I've heard of some people using regular sneakers and I've heard of Robeez and Pediped as well. I guess the question is which have you used, how old was your little one when they started doing this, how old were they when they started using the shoes, how often were they wearing them, how old was your baby when they started actually walking, do you think the shoes helped or hindered, and what do you think were the pros and cons of chosing the shoes that you did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just get the classic walker shoes til he is more stable. They are like a high top shoe.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I LOVED robeez. I highly recommend theses shoes. My baby girl wore these shoes until 18months. IMO the only con is the price tag. The pros are they are high quality and they move with your childs feet so I feel they are the best thing next to bare feet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I like the ones that are like Robeez, but soooo less expensive. You can find them at Target and Babies R Us. They are soft, flexible and great for their feet. They are like $12.99, where Robeez are like $40.00.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 1:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Soft soled. He doesn't need walking shoes until he is walking outside. Robeez, "Faux beez", Pedipeds, even just socks with treads on the bottom.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Something with a little bit of an arche is always what I was told... to help his feet. But I would just ask you doctor and see what they say.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Nothing hard soled. My kids loved pedipeds and see kai run brands. Also shoo shoos were pretty inexpensive and they had some boot styles that were good for cold weather.
    LanieBug707

Answer by LanieBug707 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2008