If I get a 3-D Sonogram will I be able to tell what the babies sex is and a good view of the babies profile at 17wks?

3-D Sonogram

Kristy1018

Asked by Kristy1018 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At 17 weeks, the sex organs still look fairly similar. You may be able to tell if it's a boy but you may find yourself tucking your baby girl into her crib in a room decorated with a baseballs.
    Since 3-D sonograms are usually for "fun" only and not for diagnosing problems, you might wait a couple of more weeks.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Totally depends on the position of the baby at the time of test. Sometimes your lucky, sometimes not.
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 1:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had a 3D ultra sound with #3 I was at 19 or 20 weeks and we were able to tell the sex. I do not know about 17 wks though. You can get a wonderful profile though. I had an emergency ultra sound (just a reg one) with #2 at 14 weeks, and we got the best pics I had ever seen.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 3:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It's very possible. The baby's sex organs are done developing at 13 weeks. I was able to find out my son was a boy at 16 weeks along with just a regular ultrasound.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i am 17 weeks today and had a sono and the baby wouldnt move its hands the face you can see but it is a alien face.
    hugheskendra

Answer by hugheskendra at 8:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• They were able to tell me I was having a boy at 16 weeks without the 3D sonogram. If you can get the 3D though it is really unbelievable. My friend had one with a very clear view of the face and it looked exactly like the baby when he was born. Unfortunately my son wouldn't move his hands away from his face so I didn't get a clear view with the 3D but it was cool anyway.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2008