does your so/husband scare you driving in the snow....lol

I hate to ride with my SO he scares me sooooo bad lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yup . . sometimes I even have panic attacks. . I hold my breathe try to look away . . I try my best not to scream but sometimes I do
    Ladyslipr

Answer by Ladyslipr at 12:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• thank god I am not alone he says I am just a granny driver but I dont think I am lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• in the snow? try any time! lol. especially when it comes to coming up to red lights. he likes to wait until he's just a few feet away from the person in front of us to start hitting the break. needless to say, i get "the look" or "the speech" of how he hates when i'm hanging on for dear life, got white knuckles, and i've got my face scrunched up doing the "eek" sound, thinking in my head "Jesus PLEASE let the car stop in time...." I HATE it when he does that!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No. My DH is a great driver and I don't worry about it. Futhermore, even if we did start to slide there is nothing to hit in the area that I live in!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sometimes. He's actually a very good snow driver. But that leads him to take risks that I'd never consider. Like insisting that we can make it up the steep hill instead of going around, or driving through a big snow bank just for the fun of it. But out on the road, he's very careful of speed, obstacles, etc.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 12:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• just snow...i wish! try ALL THE TIME!! and then he gets mad at me for bracing myself or stomping my foot where the break would be. he takes turns WAY too fast, but then takes forever to go when the light turns green. if we're in a hurry he drives 5 under, but when we have plenty of time he goes 10 over! hes always facing the road but not really watching, doesnt notice other cars or observe anything.
    but i always drive us in the snow...i lived in Alaska for a couple of years so i know what im doing when it comes to snow & ice...hes a TX boy so he doesn't really know much about it haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, my DH comes from a racing family and is law enforcement and has been trained, in depth, how to drive in sticky situations. The only thing that scares me is all of the scared drivers. they are more of a hazard than my DH,when driving in the snow or rain.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ayuh! He's a Virginian and not used to the snow we get in Maine. Of course, I'm a practiced driver in the snow, but still have to be extremely careful in certain circumstances. Now that we have moved from Maine to Virginia, we only have to worry about driving in the rain - ugh!!! I miss my snow!!!!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008