how to survive growing your hair back long after you go short

anyone who has a short hair cut know how hard it is to grow your hair back out long, someone please give me some styling tips on how to survuve the mid-lenght

combster

Asked by combster at 12:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have been in the process of growing mine out. To start, I'd pin back the top... then top and sides... then as much of a pony as I could get in. Now I can get it all up.

To keep me from chopping it all off again. I told myself I'd grow it so I could donate it. And, I'd give myself goals. No cuts until "X" date.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I always kept mine back or pulled up. I understand how frustrating it is. I cut my hair short when I was pregnant with my now 18yr old son. I have never cut it that short again. I have always kept my hair at least down to the middle of my back. Hang in there...like you said...it will grow back.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I usually just put it in a ponytail or style it with my bangs pulled back...I noticed that when my hair is in a pony tail, it grows long faster..Dont know why or how but it does lol..
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had to clip my bangs to the side every single day because they were cut wrong when I had mine short. It was SO annoying...but so worth it in the end. If I can survive the growing out process, so can you =o] It's so worth it when you finally are able to pull all your hair back, ahhh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• This is the time to try out a new look for your outfit--a hat! I cut 8 inches off of my hair and I love the new look!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• part of my "New Me" Resolution I decided to grow my hair out at least to my shoulders again. I ama breast cancer survivor and while I didn't lose my hair it did thin out and has othe changes. I kept cutting it for the past 5 years to get rid of all the toxins from the chemo. Well I have reached my 5 yrs and it is time for a new me. I pin my bangs up and just can't wait till it's long again.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am in the process of growing my hair back out right now. I'm also lucky because my hair grows really fast. I have it trimmed and shaped every 6 to 8 weeks while it's growing out. The last time I had it cut short was August - like in my profile pic. It's touching my shoulders now.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i wish i knew an answer to this, i cut my hair pretty short about this time last year.. and now i'm growing it out.. i have really curly hair and its at an awkward stage... i usually just straighten it or just pull it up in a pony tail.
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 1:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Oh my! I've been there!
    I got a very short cut that was very choppy(razor cut) It took me forever to grow it and i had to keep trimming it becouse it was all choppy/thin and uneven. my only sugestion would be get some hair vitamins from your locan GNC or pharmacy that might speed it up:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008