I need some help.

usually I don't tell my girls about santa claus because of situations like these. I didn't want to be struggling one year and not get them enough presents and I didn't want them to thik that they were bad girls. I wanted to also be truthful and let them know the truth about Christmas. This year We have struggled it started in April where I had to go on leave for 3 months because of my daughter bacterial infection and surgeries. When I went back to work my s/o got laid off and it was just me paying the monthly bills. One of my customers pulled me to the side and asked me what I was getting my girls for christmas I told her that I would only get them 1 or 2 gift this year because of financial struggles.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 12:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Shopping

• cont.....She then told me that her and her co workers were already buying them presents and I didn't have to worry about it. I cried and felt ashamed that I wouldn't be able to buy them gifts and someone else is. I want to buy her and her co- workers gifts but what should I buy them? I don't have a lot of money but I want to do something special to thank them
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Why not Christmas ornaments. You can get some inexpensive ones:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Do not buy your co-workers anything! They are doing this to help you, they don't want you spending money on them. They just want the warm feeling of knowing that they made someone's Christmas a little brighter.

Send them Happy New Years cards with heartfelt thanks and beautiful photos of your kids having a magical Christmas.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 12:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• They are doing this to help you, b/c they understand you are struggling. To me, if I was doing this for someone, the best gift from you would be a handmade (on the computer, if you don't do the handmade thing) thank you card from you, or your girls, and some pictures of your girls wearing the clothes I bought them or playing with the toys I bought them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would have the girls make a thank you card as Tropical Mama suggested.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• you cant do alot of stuff if you want.. small things are thoughtful.. you can regular old fashioned ornaments and then get some glue and glitter.. make designs or write the co-workers names on the ornaments and then sprinkle it with glitter and let it dry.. this way you give them something they can cherish and told on to for yrs to come. Or if you want you can get stockings and do the same with those and put a pict of you and your daughters and a card in it.. Even if these things are inexpensive I am sure your co-workers would appriciate it and keep it with them for yrs to come. :)
    Hope that helped..
    Good luck.. and it's nice to see that people are really good out there.. :) Happy Holidays.. :)
    simran4god

Answer by simran4god at 5:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008