Does your kid just talk and talk and talk and talk

and talk...? LOL Ours does. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes! We have two. My pediatrician was talking with them once, and noticed that they are both masters of "competitive talking" -- they just have so much to say!

Sometimes it is endearing. Oftentimes it is tiring.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 1:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes. I have a 5 year old who talks nonstop!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yep! Although it has gotten better. Over the years, I've learned she gets nervous if there's quiet. If I'm gone, she's nervous when I get back that I'm going to leave again and she talks nonstop. Mostly when she's nervous. But there are some days I just say SHUT UP! lol
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yep my 7 year old talks constantly, but I like his company so I don't mind it;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My 5 yr. old talks constantly and uses phrases like...speaking of which and as a matter of fact. He also lets you know when something is frustrating him. He speaks his mind a li'l too freely and openly.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes. its hard to get a word in. shes ony almost 4, im not sure what im gonna do with her. she says the funniest things sometimes.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Our daughter is almost 6 and she just won't shut up.........I asked her the other day why she talks so much and she said "Because I have a lot to say". It sounds rude of me, but it drives me crazy!!!!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My youngest is 11 now, but I thank God for the chatter! How else can you find out what's going on in those amazing little heads? X used to tell me to just pretend to be listening so I could listen to him. So I pretended to listen to him. Kids have such insight! If you get to slip a word in, ask how to build a house, or what makes mustard yellow... the answers will knock your socks off! Post them too! We all want to hear!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes!! i love it.. when he's not focused on the television, you can't get a word in edgeways :)
    i love hearing what he has to say, but i will admit that sometimes i call for a five minute break.. i usually say "wow, you have a lot to talk about.. can we just let mommy's ears catch up?" or something similar, so he knows i want to hear it, just not all of it RIGHT NOW!!! lol
    S
    sarahturbo79

Answer by sarahturbo79 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• YES!!!!!!!!!
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2008