How do I produce bm?

My child is 6 months old, have not bf in 5 months due to premature birth and production. I want to try to produce breastmilk, how do I go from nothing to something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you will need to use a breast pump
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You need to be offering the breast as much as possible, such as in between bottles or just let him pacify on you. Baby being latched on will tell your body that you need to make milk.

Also, when baby isn't latched on, pump, pump, pump. The more stimulation your breasts get, the faster you will start producing.

There are also supplements you can take to help increase production, such as Mother's Milk Tea & Fenugreek. Talk to your practitioner, as there are also prescription medications to help.

Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I didn't know you could do that? So if your baby is 5 months old you can still get breat milk if you want?
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008