what the heck is my BIL trying to do?

well he doesntsee my son or my other inlaws because they are racist morons....
well he calls my dh saying he wants him to come over and talk also he spend 300 on gifts for our son!!!! wtf does he think he is doing?? buyong forgiveness??? or a pass to see our son? he called me a n***er! and he already gave us in nov. a xtmas gift for our son. a push toy. now he says its just a gift for no reason!
what the heck is going on??
we only spend 100 on our son he is only 9 mons. mainly clothes..

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I would only accept an apology not gifts of any kind. Then I would have to re-evaluate the situation before going around him again.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• see i told my hubby that i hope the gifts arent his apology because i dont accept that i want a real apology!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Exactly! Stick to your decision. The way he spoke to you is not acceptable. Your hubby should be pissed as hell.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would take the gifts since they are for your child, but still demand an apology
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My mom and I haven't spoke since Aug. I am accepting gifts for my children from her, but will accept nothing but an apology for myself. You might even ask DH if he can explain to his brother that the gifts do not make up for what he said to you, and that an apology is still in order.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You know, maybe since he was raised by racists he learned that behaviour and now he has learned it was wrong and is trying to change. I agree he needs to appologize for his offensive behaviour, but you also have to be willing to accept his appology and accept his need and desire for change. It takes two people to change racism. One to do the changing, the other to do the coaching. Be willing to help him if you want change in this world.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2008