MY FREKING HOUSE BRUNT DOWN THIS MORNIG

SO YEA MY HOUS CAUGHT A FIRE AT 7A.M AND LUCKY WE WERE GONE IF IT WASNT FOR THE BABYBEING IM THE HOSPITAL WE BOTH WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD CAUSE THE WAY IT CAUGHT FIRE I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET OUTA MY ROOM LET ALONE THE DOOR.AND IF HE WAS HOME WE BOTH WOULD HAVE BEEN ASLEEP.WE LOST EVERYTHING AND WITH XMAS 4 DAYS AWAY ITS JUST DISGUST ME.AND WE JUST PAID OUR RENT YESTERDAY LANDLORD REFUSES TO GIVE US OUR DEPOSIT OR RENT AND ALL THIS IS HER FAULT I MEAN TELL ME AS A PERSON WITH ANY COMMON SENSE DO YOU LET A PERSON WITH OUT A DEGREE OR SOMTHING CERTIFING THEM TO DO ELECTRIAN WORK COME AND FIX SOMEONES HEAT.THATS WHAT STARTED THA FIRE OR CENTRAL HEAT.MY BABY IS STILL SICK ME ON TOP OFF EVERYTHING WE ARE GOING THROUGH WE LOSE EVERYTHING WE HAVE WORKED OUR A** OFF FOR IT A TOTAL OF 4 MINS.I JUST NEED SOME PRAYERS AND MAYBE ADVICE ON HOW TO DEAL I MEAN DO I GET PUT ON MEDS OR JUST TRY TO TAKE THINGS AS THE COME?

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 2:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Uhhh I don't know...what difference does it make...her house burnt down and that's all you care about? I just figured she was borrowing someones computer and maybe didn't have a lot of time on it.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Call a lawyer. If it can be proven it was the landlords fault for not hiring a certified electrician then you could possibly be compensated. I'm so very sorry this has happened. I know money can not buy back pictures and personal items that you cared so much for. I'm very thankful all of you are safe.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Wow...that's horrible. I'm so sorry for that. Just be thankful everyone was okay. If you need medication...you should get some...if not take it one day at a time. I hope you have family to go to or church or something. If you can get to a library check craigslist or yahoo freecycle in your area to get some replacement stuff for free. Tell people what happened and there should be tons of people willing to help. No one should have to go through this! I'd go through public aid and see if there's a lawyer you can get to help fight the landlord situation. It's not your fault and you should get your deposit. THEY HIRED THE IDIOT!!! Keep us posted and hang in there. You gotta be strong for your child!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am sorry, if she is the one who fixed ur heat then you need to go get a lawyer... even a public defender can handle this one..... to get through what happened just remember that you and ur hubby are ok, and most importantly ur baby is ok...i know its hard but thats the bottom line u al are ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Why wouls she have to go to the library to go on Craigslist? She is on Cafemom right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm sorry your house burnt down. I would deff find a lawyer like the others suggested
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 3:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Look in your phone book under legal services. You may be entitled or able to get free legal advice. You also should contact the red cross. They will be able to help you find a place and get it furnished. Contact your church, or even friends that go to churches. They can often reach a lot of people and get the necc. stuff to furnish a place quickly. Good luck and I am so sorry for all of your problems right now. Please keep us informed of how things are going.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I know what you are going through, my SO's parents home with 35 yrs worth of memories burned down at 3am Christmas morning last year with them and their infant granddaughter inside sleeping. Thankfully, his mom couldn't sleep that night. I know its overwhelming right now. The doctor will give you something to calm you down. Ask for Lorazapam. It works well. Contact the news station in your area. Ask for news coverage and an investigation. It will get the word out to the community and people will help! Any attorney you contact will give you free advice. You do not have to contact legal aid. This is a common misconception of attorneys. I am thankful you are all ok - keep us posted and GL.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• im am very sorry i dont know how it is to lose everything that way but have lost everything other way,i hope ur local churches help u,go to welfare mabe they can help u get started again.ill pray for ur family,hope ur baby get s better
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hon, Ima a wife of a firefighter (23 years, hes been a fireman). As a wife of a fireman, the ladies get together to put care packages together for families whos home burn & they loose everything. I very sympothic, please dont misunderstand me, but NOT once in all these years did i ever meet anyone who has just lost their homes with everything in it, be worried about posting or having time to post the tragidy on the computer/cafemom!hmmmm! Most are to upset & are trying to get food, clothes, shelter the first few days, even if you have a friend to crash with there are alot of things to do, police reports, etc. You have a child in the hospital as well...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2008