• In the Spotlight:

Vicodin and 30 weeks pregnant????

I went to the E.R. today because of shoulder pain. They gave me Vicodin? Has anyone heard of this before? I havnt taken it because I am worried about it! Anyone know anythng about it?

mommy3109

Asked by mommy3109 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its fine to take vicodin while being preggo just dont take more than what you should... I was on vicodin for 17 weeks while being preggo..... just take it with milk to cause it might give u bad heartburn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I've never had to. If your too worrid you could tell your dr and double check, just in case. But I don't think they would give it to you if you couldn't take it...but who knows?
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 3:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It's deemed "safe" but if you don't feel like you need it, then don't take it. If you do feel you need it, take it as little as possible.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I got sciatica at about 30 weeks and I was shocked when they gave me Vicodin. I guess it's pretty common. I took it occasionally when I couldn't stand the pain anymore, and my son was born with parts in order. No third eye or anything.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• They gave it to me last week for a toothache. I only take it when I absolutely cant take the pain though. I am 7 weeks preggers
    NANA21

Answer by NANA21 at 4:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• they gave me vicoden 3 days before i went into labor because i got kidney stones with my 2nd daughter. they tried to give it to me a couple of weeks ago for stomache pain, but ive discovered i have a bad reaction to vicoden in the past years.. they knew you were pregnant and gave it to you. theyre not all idiots. take it if you need it. if you're That worried, call your dr.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yeah, you're fine. take it if you need to. if you don't think you need it, don't take it.
    rethink911

Answer by rethink911 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was on vicodin almost my whole pregnancy with 2 of my kids, for headaches. It's pretty safe.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't take it if I were you! I take vicodin for back pain and it's too strong for a pregnant woman. Vicodin is a narcotic, why would the doctor prescribe it to you? The only thing that should be safe enough is Tylenol. I wouldn't take anything else.
    SpecialShae

Answer by SpecialShae at 7:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it's fine to take., I have had morphine while pregnant..

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2008