Hives I think

I woke up in middle of night with heart burn, I took two tums. I have taken tums before. I started with mouth and throat itching with a cough, then my whole body started to itch, I have little bums like bug bites all over legs, feet and back and tummy. I also have diarreha. I am 34 wks. preg. can I take something? Like benedryl?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 3:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ive heard you can take benadryl but hives are more of welts and not bug bite looking....

they are mishaped and odd shaped and not just a bump like thing..

but i am pretty sure you can take benadryl.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• probably best to call your dr to check, or local hospital if you drs office is closed and talk to L&D
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 3:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Called L&D and they say is should be ok to take Benedryl. I never have a allergic reaction to TUMS before even the generic kind. I am to just make sure baby is moving first before taking. Hopefully wears off before I have to wake up to go to work in 2hrs.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 3:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• are u sure the tums weren't expired? I'd call my doc before taking anything....just to be safe. might be something worse
    TastyPeach6969

Answer by TastyPeach6969 at 3:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008