help

I had bells palsy in the summer ,the physical symptoms cleared up in 6wks ,left me with pain and now my face has started to feel numb on that side and FEELS swollen but doesnt look it ,its hard to describe the sensation but my eye is twitching when I eat on that side ? should I go to the doctor I dont want to waste there time at this time of year when they are busy with the flu patients .

loulou332

Asked by loulou332 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• I would say Bells Palsy is a wee bit more important of an illness than flu patients who could have been "cured" by getting a free flu shot, or taking some NyQuil!

Don't worry about the "poor doctors!' That's their JOB! And yours is to take the best care of yourself possible! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• OMG! You bet your butt you better go. I say this because Bells Palsy is caused by stress sometimes. I dated a guy that would twitch when he chewed his food and he told me about this affliction he got overnight....he says it was after a real bad argument with his brother. Then my best friend of 20 years woke up one day and had the paralyzation on one side of her face and numbness. When she talks half of her mouth moves. I think personally it is related to a stroke but I'm no expert,
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Girl GO you need to see the dr hun they wont deny you because of being to busy with flu patients
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well........i know my DR said stress and bells palsy is common after giving birth ....but give him a quick jingle!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes go to the Dr asap. It can get worse. I had it right after the birth of my first and still have a hard time hearing on the one side and it was nearly 5 yrs ago that I had bells palsy.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008