While pregnant did you ever have night sweats? If so how bad would they get?

I am 8 months pregnant and I get night sweats so bad right now that my clothes are literally dripping wet in some areas and my sheets show a wet imprint of my body when I get up.

Is this a usual night sweat? Anything to be concerned of besides making sure to stay hydrated?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had them but not that bad, u could ask ur doc when u see him next
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I always get them quite severely. Make sure you are staying hydrated enough and wear layers, don't use too many blankets. It's annoying I know. :(
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I get them and they were especially bad during pregnancy. I could feel it trickling down my chest and sides while I tried to sleep.
    There are special woisture wicking clothes made for night sweaters and I've heard they really work, but I don't know how and that kind of freaks me out. (I'm a natural fibers nut). Oh, they also make sheets. You can find this stuff online, I'm sure.
    Beyond that, I have no good suggestions. I complain a lot. That seems to help.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• ew i get it bad too hun...

doesnt it seem like a LOT is changing JUST lately with our bodies? mine does...

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i got them that bad before i got preggo..but mine were cold sweats and im told thats not normal for my age..now that im preggo i get hot and cold sweats so bad that my sheets too will be soaked..i have to sleep naked and with the fan on. night sweats are normal for us preggos. i wouldnt be too alarmed. but to make you feel better, talk with your dr.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Aaaugh I had night sweats around seven or eight months as well. I ended up sleeping with half of my body under the covers and the other half in the open air, lmao. It's so gross waking up in sweat, I hate it :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I sweat non stop all day and night and I have to drink so much to make sure I don't get dehydrated. I basically change my clothes a lot during the day, go to bed mostly naked at night, don't use blankets...keep it as cold as the rest of the house will allow and no caffeine...it makes it so much worse for me.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am almost 6 mos. and I had my first one last night. Wasn't too bad. Waistband of pants was damp and so was the back of my hair. Everyone keeps telling me they'll be a regular occurrence!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008