Wakes early

My 4 year old son wakes up ap around 4 to 5am,he sleeps between 8-9 pm,he doesnt sleep the whole day,is it normal? If not,what seems to be the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yikes, i would be encouraging him to go back to sleep u poor thing, u must be exhausted...I thought i had it bad, sometimes my little girl may wake at night but she starts her day at 6 or 630 and is asleep by 7pm ........I would be telling him to lay back down and try to go back to sleep, is it daylight at that time yet? Far too early. Is he grumpy due to that amount of sleep? You poor thing...My little girl has done it too on the rare occasion so it cant be abnormal but he needs to learn its too early and if u perhaps give him a sip of a drink then tell him to lay back down, im hoping that works for you.
    helloistaken

Answer by helloistaken at 5:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would think he's not getting enough sleep. That's only 9 hours max. My 4 year old goes to bed about 8 and will sleep 11-12 hours at night. No naps during the day. Maybe try to keep the house as quiet and not let him do anything like watch TV until later in the morning. Make being up early as boring as possible.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my son has been getting up at 7 am on the dot since birth, he 4 now. im very strict on bedtimes, he sleeps 7-7, and we have no naps since he was 2. if he dosent get his 12 hours of sleep hes sooooooooo grumpy. if i put him to bed later, he wakes up earlier..
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008