4month old with a cold

My four month old has a cold and was wanting to know what everyones remedies were. The doc pretty much said there isnt much u can do for them. He has a runny, stuffy nose, congested cough, crys often, he sleeps for about 20 min and wakes up crying (thats not usually him, he sleeps thru the night) he does not have a fever, and he barely eats... What Ive done so far... steam bathroom to sit in, baby vicks, humidifier, baby tylenol, saline spray and nose sucker... any suggestions on makin the little guy feel better?

lmack6882

Asked by lmack6882 at 5:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk (a couple drops in each nostril) is a wonderful decongestant (if you've got it), the only other thing I can suggest is lots and lots of snuggles!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You are doing everything that can be done, it sucks when they are this little because all you want to do is make them feel better and you can't.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I know how you feel..my son got sick around 2 months like yours is now...and what you are doing is all that can be done.... I wanted to cry in frustration but he was better in about a week or two
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Have him tested for RSV. It is extremely common and most babies that are that young with a cold is basically what it is. My baby was 2 months when it he got it but had caught it from newborn cousin that was a week older from in the air. I only want you to be aware of the possibilities. I hope baby feels better soon, it is soooooo hard to see your baby sick so I know what you are feeling.
    revas

Answer by revas at 9:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Let him sleep in a baby chair or car seat so that hes sitting upwards and its draining out and he can breathe better. Also... I usually give my daughter room temp bottles... but when she had a cold I made the bottles a little warmer in hopes of helping clear it up... also to soothe any soreness in her throat she might of had. She seemed to like her bottle warm when she was sick. After that cold was gone though she didn't want nothing to do with a warm bottle. Other then that you are doing really everything you can do!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2008