Extremely bad period or miscarrage?

If I am having my period this would be only the second time in 2 years. I had my son 16 months ago and I breastfed for 14 months. I also was diagnosed with hypothyroid 3 months ago. My first period was in May and lasted until the beginning of June. I started bleeding in the middle of the night 3 days ago and ive had horrible cramping. I can barley walk and im not even able to pick up my son. My whole lower abdomen is tender. Ive been having huge clots since I started and its almost non stop. It hurts to use tampons. Ive been using super tampons and im having to change them about every 30 minutes. Im not sleeping at night because im constantly having to go to the bathroom and change my tampon. I went throw a whole box of super tampon in 24 hours. Thats never happened to me. Im hoping this isnt a miscarriage but I cant imagine this being a period also

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Call Your Doctor! Whether it's a bad period or a miscarriage you should have it checked. Don't "Wait to see if it goes away" That's what your doctor is there for!
    tazzeetwins

Answer by tazzeetwins at 12:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree....Call your Doctor!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Call your doctor or head to the ER. If you are having to change a super tampon more than once an hour then you need to be seen ASAP.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 2:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Its people like you that dont need to be parents! Whats wrong with you? Women ask questions for advice and help and maybe some encouragement and all you do is put them down. I hate women like you!
    Anonymous

• Dr. ASAP & Good Luck~
    Anonymous

UMMM what does this have to do with anything?? You are not answering the post. And the prior posters are recommending she see a doctor about heavy bleeding. Anyway to answer the post, it sounds like a possible miscarriage. But as the others have already said ,and you yourself said, it is abnormal amount of bleeding, go to a doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Seriously, it is our advice and encouragement that you go be checked by your doctor. This can be anything from an irregular period to cancer. Please go be seen by a doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008