Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can I get a DNA test done at?

I want to have a DNA test done when my child Is born.
Can someone please help me out. If it helps I live in VA.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • All you need is a docs order. If all parties are willing, its a simple blood test at any lab. Baby needs to be 3 weeks old.

    Answer by Kellyandkatie at 6:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008


    Kelly/kate is right, and here is a sight for you to look into. It looks expensive, tho.


    Answer by Kat122 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • You can do an at home pat test. I just recently did it. Some judges will allow it, others may want you to do it thru a court order, but if its just for the sake of can call or go on line:, address: GFI Laboratory , 711 main st. , Rockwood, PA. 15557 phone: 814-926-2426 or toll free: 1-877-2DNALAB. It sure shut alot of crap up for me. I wasnt after child support, i just wanted a guy to go away that didnt wont to take no for an answer. The lab people will walk you thru it, simple, easy, it costs about 100.00 though, to get it done. Thats cheap in comparison to going thru attorneys & court. Good luck - hope this helps.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • ohh i needed to add, this is a swab test. no blood! a toothbrush of the suspected dad(s) & a Q-tip swab sample from the babies mouth...they dont do blood test very often any more. they can get DNA off just about anything...even a napkin. This lab is excellant to help you do this on your own. Follow the instructions cafefully. Good Luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • THANKS EVERYONE! and Anon:Does The baby have to be a certin age? and how long did it come to ship?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.