What is the average cost of pageants?

fees and dresses? i was thinking about putting my 5 year old in one but I dont want to go broke behind it. We live in MS and planned on doing a local one.

Does anyone know of places where we can get good second hand dresses besides ebay?

alboston

Asked by alboston at 12:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Watch Toddler and Tiaras. Pageants can cost over $10,000 and that's low. Parents spend $100,000 plus on kids pageants and go broke exploiting their daughters. If the pageant is televised, pedophiles tape them and get their kicks by watching little girls flaunt sexuality at a young age. I would skip the pageants or look for natural pageants. Sorry, I am so against these pageants. Oh and if they are televised then names, first and last and the city and state the girls are from are advertised and stated.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• You can get cheap dresses from.... pinkprincess.com. Great quality for cheap. I used the same dresses for every pageant I did. Average cost of competing in local pageants and entering ALL categories is about $150. More expensive pageants state wise like American Coed is about 300-500 but I walked out of one of those with close to $1000 worth of cash and prizes and I didn't even win queen.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• Toddlers and tiaras is not normal pageants, just saying. I am a pageant competitor,judge and pageant mom and HATE that show. I only started spending more for pageants when I became a teen. Even then, I fundraised all of the money needed to compete and for my dresses. If I didn't fundraise it, I didn't compete. But honestly, I never spent more than 500 to compete in a state pageant. And the most I ever spent on a dress was $1000, all money I fundraised and was bought to compete in Miss Teen USA.

My daughters most recent pageant only cost a total of $125 including her dresses and outfits.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• i was reading rules and this one isnt a glitz pageant. it reads

Contestants are not allowed to wear pageant dresses. Contestants can only wear Sunday dresses, Easter dresses or very mild flower girl type of dresses.
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• If im understanding it correctly we do a local pageant and then if she wins she goes on to a bigger one called miss Magnolia
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• Yep, they go from local to state to nationals if they keep winning, sometime international as well. Normally, when you win, they pay for your fees and give you allowance to rooms and traveling expenses.

send me the link to the pageant information and I will see what type of dress is best.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• Poor kids....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2011