Babies daddy thinks he should be able to take baby overnight at 4 weeks old

Hes not signing the birth certificate, he has no legal rights at this point, but he thinks hes 100% right. I cant imagine letting her go with anyone anywhere for anytime at 4 weeks old. What do you think?

Kellyandkatie

Asked by Kellyandkatie at 6:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Uhhhhhhhhhh NO. If he isnt signing the birth certificate then he has no rights.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Why would you spread your legs for someone who you don't even trust to care for his own child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• That was nasty of you ANON6 37. Geez, you sound like your panties are tied up in a wad or something. Anyway,kelly/kate, since he won't sign the BC he has no rights at all. Its up to you whether or not your child goes . A man can take care of a baby, if he is a good man. Unless you are breatfeeding,there shouldn't be a problem. If he doesn't take responsibility for his child, I would keep her home.,but, ultimately, its up to you and how you feel.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i agree with kat. he is the father and how many fathers would want to do that. let him bond with his child. maybe he could just take the baby for like the day and then if all goes well then have him take the baby overnight. talk to him about it. i mean you have a child together your gonna be tied for the rest of your life so you need to learn to cooperate
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• no way, i wouldn't do it. but i wouldn't let ANYONE take my baby at that age. too young!! but then again, with my firstborn, no one but me and his father held him until he was probably 3 months old!!

go with your instincts!!
    rethink911

Answer by rethink911 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am sorry. It is not true that just because he does not sign the birth certificate he does not have any rights. When I had my oldest his father was never involved and he never sign the BC. When my husband went to adopt my son,who was 2 at the time, we had to have the Bio-Father sign over his rights.

I am not saying that you should let him take her at 4 weeks old, I would just be very careful how you handle things. If he is the bio-father he has rights until you go to court and get them changed.

Good Luck and send me a message if you have any questions.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, no, and no don't let him have her at all. He can go through the courts to establish his rights and by then, if granted rights, she will be older. Why didn't he sign? If he has doubts, it is a DOUBLE NO. More things happen to children with this type of situation. Read up on it, not to scare you, but there are reasons to NOT let the baby go.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If he is not signing the birth certificate, he is not acknowleging that he is the father..period. If he isn't willing to step up and accept responsibility, he should not be allowed near the baby!!! Something's not right here. Listen to your mother's instincts to protect your child.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My neice is in a similalr situation,she has a 2 week old daughter,and she will not let the daddy watch her,even while she goes to the store.,but in my neices case,she knew how his temper was,but now she is breastfeeding,just for an excuse ,so he can't keep the baby.Talk about screwed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Too young.

And why in the WORLD are you still talking to this guy? Either he's a MAN or a BOY. Sounds like a yucky boy to me.

I hope you figure this out! Good luck!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008