Seven deadly sins!

I was reading somethings online and seen that they have 7 new deadly sins of the 21st centry. Do you think that they are basically the same as the old ones? and if you could pick what they were what would they be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't heard of that but I stick to the bible even if it's old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Actually SAYING "LOL" in a coversation.

(that's gotta be up there, right?)
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• LOL! Those are amusing.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• According to the Bible, ALL sins are deadly! " For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ooo this could be fun.... "Thou shall not be a b*tch online just because people can't see who you are" gets my vote!

;)

Honestly I don't see how different they could be.. Lust covers things like.. not cybering your neighbors wife and looking at online porn. Pretty sure the old ideas still apply.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hah, Serafyna.

Gluttony still covers the fast food addict, right?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• All sin is deadly.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 4:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well let's see you're gonna die whether you sin or not so does it matter??? I think they are basically the same ones. Pick one to add IDK let me think on that one. Though maybe something about knocking on people's door to tell them they are going to hell if you don't follow their god. That might make the list.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sorry 2autisticsmom, as much as you would like to incorporate that it's not gonna happen.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 7:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The Seven Deadly Sins (cardinal sins) are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride. The Catholic Church actually does not specify if the "seven deadly sins" are mortal sins (unforgivable) or venial (forgivable). They Church does specifically state that they are capital sins though and lists the seven as pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth or acedia HOWEVER they don't really state if it's a mortal or venial sin(s).

mikazuki

Answer by mikazuki at 10:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008