How much does ur 5 month old weigh?

I am just wondering if my son weighs to much for his age... he was really small when he was born... HE olny weighed 2lbs and now at 5 months he weighs 14lbs. Is that way to much? what do you all think? He dont eat tons and tons... but he does eat good. I dont think it to much cause i dont force him to eat and he only eats when he is hungry just wanted to know what u all thought

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 month old is 19lbs and 4.4oz
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think that is a healthy weight. My daughter is 3 1/2 months old and she weighs about 15 pounds so.
    Babygirl24679

Answer by Babygirl24679 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My guy is 4 1/2 months and he weights 18lbs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• That's super weight gain for a preemie. I'm assuming he was premature. You can google growth charts for baby boys to see for yourself, but I think that's about average. Way to go momma. Keep up the good work. Oh and my kids each weighed 20 lbs at their 4 month checkups. They were both 8lbs at birth though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• LMAO 14lbs to much? Mine weighed 19lbs at her 4month check up (which was a little after her actual four months but still) I would never worry about your baby weighing to much unless your doctor says other wise. I'd be worried about your baby being under wieght. There is nothing wrong with a quick growing healthy baby. I'm almost positive your baby is at a healthy weight and given the birth weight you should be absoultly thrilled with him and yourself for doing such a good job and getting him big a healthy!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008