Two year old to doctors appointment?

Would you take you active two year old to your obgyn appointment? I am at 34 weeks and if I cancel it I will probably not be able to get a good time for any time this week and will have to what at least two more weeks to go. I have no family down here and are a stay at home mom so I do not know anyone. My bf now works an hour and a half away so I either need to make my appointment late or early, which I forgot to do so do you think it would be ok to take him? All i am worried about is that he will run away from me when im on the scales, get into stuff when the doctors checking me ya know.

JustUsTwo

Asked by JustUsTwo at 7:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call the doctors office and tell them and see what they say. I am sure you are not the only one that would need to do this. Its better to call, than to take him and they won't see you.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My 2 year old goes with me to all of my appointments. He takes cars and plays with them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my husband would always meet me for my appointments, since he worked in the town where my clinic was he would always come straight from work. even though i made the latest appointment possible, sometimes he wouldnt make it until after i went in. we always had to take my son with us as well. usually my husband would get there to take care of him, but many times he would get there a little late. i also worried about my active 2 year old causing problems, but it always worked out okay. i think it will be fine. i have come to realize that sometimes you just have to put aside all of your worries about what others will think, and do what you have to do.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 8:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• With my last pregnancy I took a 2 yo and a 3.5 yo. Just brought a little toy and had them sit in the chairs when I was on the table.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 8:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If he won't sit on a chair then perhaps during the exam you could confine him to a stroller.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I've taken my two year old to most of my appointments, I take a small stroller and a few books. I explain to her that I need her to be a big girl and usuallly the appoinment isn't long so it works.
    Good luck and happy holidays.
    cbee34

Answer by cbee34 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008