Wedding Vow Renewal....

When my husband and I got married three years ago we didn't have much. We got married at a resort in a log cabin chapel by candlelight in the mountains. I wore a black three piece suit because I was seven months pregnant with our first child. Don't get me wrong we had a nice wedding, but I have always felt that I missed out on my big wedding.

We were talking tonight that in two years when it is our five year wedding anniversary to renew our vows at Christmas time because I have always wanted a Christmas wedding. Do you think this is ridiculous? Also would it be tacky to put in the invitations no gifts, that this is just a renewal of our vows that we did not get to share with a lot of our family and friends five years ago? How did you word your invites if you did a renewal?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 8:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Wonderful idea! I would say on the invitations just what you said here: "You are invited to celebrate the season and our continued love for each other as we renew our wedding vows". No gifts please. Do it girlfriend!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think it is a charming idea and that it isn't tacky to say no gifts. There is some wording about the only gift would be the pleasure of your company. Here is what I found online: "On the bottom of the invitation, in smaller print, you can say, "Your presence is the only gift requested" or "Your presence is our present." "
    http://twio.com/info/etiquette/62 There is a ton of information there. Good luck and blessings.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I thing it's a Wonderfull Idea........
    SuzieQ45

Answer by SuzieQ45 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm with everyone else. It's a great idea and no gifts is not tacky at all. It would be tacky if you said Gifts please, since some of you didn't make it to the first!! You could also ask that in lieu of gifts they donate to a charity!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2008