What size clothes should a 7 year old boy wear?

MyFamilyofSix

Asked by MyFamilyofSix at 4:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My youngest is small for his age, and just turned 7 in June. He's in a size 6 slim jeans and XS-S shirts depending on brand.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• my son is 7 and very tiny 46lbs. He can fit into 5. I don't like tight or small looking clothes on my kids so I buy him 7 anyways. He always needs adjustable waist though
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• My 8 year old is very slim but we have to buy bigger sizes for the length. He's 4'2" and has size 4 1/2 shoes. So I have no idea.
    Dyvinite

Answer by Dyvinite at 5:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• This is a dumb question, because of course it depends on the size of the 7 year old. They come in all sizes, so, yah.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• It can vary widely. If your child is in the 50th percentile in both height and weight, he will probably wear his age in clothes size wise.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• My son wears a 14 husky. He is built stocky.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 7:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• Momkaribq- Thats not "stocky" thats HUGE....I hate when people cant admit their kid is overweight or obese.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• In general, children wear the same size as their age. So most 7 year olds will wear size 7-8. That is just an average though, some kids are smaller, some are bigger. Mine have always been right on their age/size.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• 7
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• This is NOT a stupid question and I am not sure why somone would say that. They say that a child should wear their age and I can tell you that a lot of children do. Of course there are children who do not but on the norm, that is what they say. My daughter is only 4 and she is super tall for her age and wears a 7. She is in the 98.5% for her age for height but 52% for weight.

As far as the person who's child wears a 14 husky, if you have talked to your child's doctor and they don't seem worried about this, don't let others make you feel bad about it. My son was "chunky" as a kid even though he was very active. His doctor said he would outgrow it and he did. He actually gained the weight when my brother was murdered and he stayed that way until he was about 14 and he then began to thin out. I don't know why other people like to say such mean things such as "that's huge", I am sorry people are rude.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2011