Is it true that onion in socks breaks a fever?

Kayla-Kay

Asked by Kayla-Kay at 5:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Hmmm. I doubt it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• My dad used to do that to me. I have no idea if it worked or not though because i'm pretty sure my mom used to sneak me tylenol too just in case lol. But I do remember having extremely stinky feet after :P
    layawatling

Answer by layawatling at 5:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• I know people who SWEAR on it... I have never bothered to try it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• NO ! WHO EVER TOLD U THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ON HARD DRUGS THAT DAY !
    ELMO156

Answer by ELMO156 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• No. It's also not true that cats suck the breath out of babies while they sleep.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• Well I tried the onions in his socks for about 2 hours and to no avail. I combined it with Tylenol just to be on the safe side. So instead I put him in the tepid bath kept up with the fluids and ice pop's of coarse. And his fever finally subsided about an hour ago. Now he is sleeping and the house is back to clean and this tired mama is going to watch my daily dose of family guy. Thank you for all of your input. I initially got the onion in the socks information from parents magazine in an article called Grandma's cures that really work and also doing research online.
    Kayla-Kay

Comment by Kayla-Kay (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2011

• I never heard of that but you never know. Some of the things our grandparents did, really work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2011