Do toilet seat covers provide any real protection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• The dirtest place in a public bathroom isn't the toilet seat. It's the door handle. Do you use a paper towel when opening the door? I've noticed more and more places are putting trash cans right outside the bathroom doors so people have a place to throw out their "door opening" towels.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am not sure how much bacteria is on the toilet seat. They say bacteria cannot live on porcelain. I use the covers out of habit and also have a habit of not sitting all the way on a toilet if there are no covers.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I dont think that there any cleaner they using tp... Cause "kaycee14" is right you have already touched the nastiest place the DOOR!!! Eather the main door or the stall door.. Im a freak and carry my own paper for opening both... An germ-x!!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Nope. What germs are on your butt? Better yet... who cares if you have a few germs on your butt. You take a shower don't you? I can;t think of one horrible disease that comes from toilet seats... even the common cold has better places to hang out. Unless there is a visible mess, Don't waste your time just sit on the seat.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 10:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008