Anyone an Lpn on here?

I'm thinking of going to college next fall and becoming an LPN,i've always wanted to go in the nursing field,but i'm wondering do u like lpn? Does it pay good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm not an LPN but I've hired them! I worked HR in my hospital and also did the hiring for a nursing home and a mental health facility. The average starting wage for aids was about $9/hr, for LPNs was $18-$22/hr, and nurses was about $29-$35/hr. Hopefully that gives you some idea of what you could expect in the field. I'm sure it all depends on your location, and these ranges were our scales based on previous experience.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My daughter is an LPN,and she loves it,she is in school now finishing her RN,the pay depends on where you work,and the state,we live in Va,and she makes 16 or 17 phour.She also works at a hospital full time,they are paying for all of her college,which has been such a blessing.If that is what you want to do,you go for it,you will always have a job,and the rewards are endless.I started my nursing,but had my daughter,so all I got was my CNA,and have regreted not finishing every since.Good luck to you dear,and God Bless
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I know here in Ohio for a while LPN's were obsolete. But now you are starting to hear they are making a come back..I think the pay for them became too low and it was easier to be a nurses aid and not deal with having to go to school. RN's make much much more money and it is only a 2 yr degree.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2008